Hi members and friends of Team West Coast. It's six weeks to Bazan Bay and we need your help so please RSVP soon (email@example.com). Hope you are having a great 2016.
We are looking for volunteers to help host the Vancouver Island Road Series - Synergy Bazan Bay 5km road race to be held on Sunday March 6, 2016. The race starts and ends at the Mary Winspear Center, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney (off the Pat Bay Hwy across from the airport). Your day will begin around 8:30AM and you can be home enjoying the remainder of your day by 2PM. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
If you can help on race day Sunday March 6, we need:
- Race route marshals (we brief everyone before the event)
- Pre race parking marshals (a good job if you plan to race)
- Morning of- registration & race package pick up
- Food prep (help place food out on tables thru the morning)
- Finish line (we are using timing chips so you just need to direct runners to keep moving thru finish area)
- Help with course setup/tear down
We also need some folks to help for about two hours on Saturday February 27, delivering flyer notices to local residents reminding them that the race is taking place the following week (a great job if you plan to race the event)
And, on Saturday February 27 we need a few folks to take two hour shifts handing out race packages at the downtown Frontrunners store on Vancouver Street (you may even have time to buy a new pair of running shoes). All volunteers can enjoy free coffee/coco (bring your coffee mug) and some of the best post race food on the Island.
Please RSVP by return email and let Kellee Drummond (NEW COORDINATOR!!) know if you have a preference for one job or other (first come first served) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and hope to see you out there on race day.
Wayne Coulson, Felicity Parker